9:00 a.m. - 1 p.m. on the following dates, rain or shine, unless hurricane conditions:
4/6-Weymouth DPW, 120 Winter Street (Unwanted medicaitons also accepted.)
4/13-Plymouth DPW, 169 Camelot Drive
4/27-Hanover Transfer Station, 118 Rockland Street (Rt. 139)
5/4-Kingston Highway Garage, 32 Evergreen Street, with Duxbury
5/18-Hingham, Plymouth River School, 200 High Street
6/15-Scituate Highway Department, Capt. Pierce Road, with Cohasset
6/22-Middleboro Town Hall, 10 Nickerson Avenue
• Residents of host and co-host towns may attend at no charge. Proof of residency is required.
• Visitors from SSRC member towns may attend at no charge with a VISITOR AUTHORIZATION FORM from their own town;s Hazardous Waste Coordinator. Your town may limit subsidized quantity; proof of residency is required.
• Visitors without an authorization form, or with more material than their town authorized, will be charged $43.00 per 15 gallon containers or 30 lbs. of material. Bring a check made out to PSC Environmental.
• Commercial generators: contact John at PSC Environmental, 781-879-4435 to pre-arrange payment.
• Clean Harbors also provides resident drop off every Saturday from March - November from 8am - noon at 1 Hill Avenue in Braintree for $2.50/lb. Call 781-380-7177 Printable Clean Harbors flyer.
Materials Accepted At All Events:
From the Workbench:
• Oil based paint & stain*
• Hobby artistt/supplies
• Photography chemicals
• Fiberglass resins
From the Garage:
• Flammable liquids and aerosols
• Gasoline, motor oil mixtures
• Tire cleaners
• Transmission fluid
• Carburetor Cleaner
• Brake Fluid
• Marine & auto paints
From the Shed:
• Pesticides, herbicides, fungicides
• Fertilizers containing perticides
• Pool chemicals
• Cesspool cleaners
• Wood Preservatives
From the House:
• Mercury, including thermometers and thermostats*
• Drain cleaners
• Moth balls and crystals
• Hazardous cleaners and polishes
• Acids & bases
Materials Accepted At Some Events:
• Motor Oil*
• Flourescent bulbs*
• NiCad (rechargeable) and button batteries*
• Electronics (there may not be a fee)*
• Asbestos (friable)
Materials not accepted include:
• Latex paint and driveway sealer
• Alkaline batteries
• Radioactive materials (including smoke detectors)
• Nonfriable asbestos
• Pathological and medical waste
• Pressurized gas cylinders* (Including fire extinguishers)
• Lead acid (automotive) batteries*
• Explosives (Call your local fire Department.)
• Industrial waste
* See if these items are collected regularly by your town.
Bring chemicals in original or labeled containers.
Improper disposal of these materials can reach, explode or create toxic fumes, contaminate soil and groundwater and endanger the health and safety of people and animals.
Mercury, a heavy silver liquid, poisons the nervous system, liver and kidneys. Pregnant women and young children are most vulnerable. For more information, go to www.keepmercuryfromrising.org
SSRC Hazardous Waste Coordinators
Abington (HHW budget for 2013 is depleted)-Board of Health-781-982-2119
Cohasset-Department of Public Works- 781-383-0273
Duxbury-Department of Public Works-781-934-1112
Hanover-Department of Public Works-781-826-3189
Hanson (No budget for HHW collections)-Board of Health-781-293-3138*
Hingham-Department of Public Works-781-741-1430
Kingston-Street, Trees & Parks-781-585-0513
Middleboro-Department of Public Works-508-946-2480
Norwell-Board of Health-781-659-8016
Rockland-Board of Health-781-871-0154X350
Scituate-Department of Public Works-781-545-8731
Weymouth-Department of Public Works-781-337-5100
Whitman-Board of Health-781-618-9755
Call the South Shore Recycling Cooperative at 781-329-8318 for more information and directions.